Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Tender Mercy

It's amazing how much the little things mean so much when you are stressed out.  When we moved on base we opted out of having our backyard mowed by the landscaping company because of our dogs.  So I would go out and mow when I got a chance.  But since Denver died, we haven't really needed to do it ourselves.

Once the weather started to get a little warmer, I decided to start pulling the weeds and reseeding the yard so that we could get the yard ready and usable.  But I would spend my days off pulling weeds, and then two days later the weeds would be back... and double the amount.  I would pull weeds again, and the same thing... a couple days later they would be back and even more!!  I went and bought weed spray and spent time spraying the weeds, but it never killed them.  Instead, I would look at the backyard and those weeds were, well, growing like weeds!!

So yesterday, with Zach being gone, and just feeling overwhelmed, I finally called the landscaping company and had them put our names back on the mow list.  I was a little worried I would get chewed out for having our yard look as bad as it does, but I mentioned that Zach is deployed and I just really need help.

Today, I got a call at work from the girl I spoke to yesterday.  She left a message but told me that the landscapers came and mowed and sprayed the weeds.  But that next week, they will come and clean up all the weeds.  I literally started to tear up.  I called her back just to say "thank you!"  It's really silly how that means so much, but I feel like ever since Zach left so much has piled up and instead of having him here to help me through it, I am alone.  And I haven't quite figured out how to cope with all this...especially alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment