Pages

Friday, May 20, 2016

A Step at a Time

I had to have surgery on Cinco De Mayo! Ay ya ya!  I had a scheduled hysteroscopy to have those stupid fibroids removed.  My sweet mother in law drove up for the day to take me to surgery.  It wasn't scheduled until 2pm, but she arrived on base at 8:30am and by the time we got her checked on to base it was about 9.  So we just headed down to LA right after that.  I think both of us were anticipating traffic, but we got there rather quickly; about 10:30.  We parked and decided to walk up Rodeo Drive.  But there's really not much to it.  We asked where the Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel was, to get our Pretty Woman on, and was directed exactly across the street from where we were standing. Ha! Expecting to be wowed by the interior of the hotel and see it just like the movie, we quickly learned they remodeled and it looks nothing like the movie!! Bummer!



We stopped at a little french cafe for Gwynne to grab a bite to eat, then figured we would go to the surgery center to check in, since they told me to be there at 1.  It was 12:30 when we showed up and they told me that since I had just had surgery there I didn't need to fill anything out and to come back at my surgery time.  Grrr.

So we bought some cupcakes at Sprinkles...



And walked around for a little while longer.




My surgery went well.  I was asleep for about an hour, they removed some polyps, but the fibroids are actually in the walls of my uterus and will not be removed.  He showed me pictures of my uterus and it looks really good.


I received a called the next week saying that my pathology report showed that I have plasma cells, which is basically a sign of infection and harmful to any fetus. I would need to be on an antibiotic for a couple weeks before moving forward.   So I have been on the antibiotic and go back in in a couple weeks for a biospy to make sure everything is clear.

My prayer at this point is that things come back clear.  I am heartbroken with everything that has happened.  I truly anticipated to have a healthy, easy ability to get pregnant, and these past two years have been so rough and hard on Zach and myself.  Each set back, whether big or little, creates so much heartache and I really hope we can get through this sooner than later.  We both just can't wait to have our little family. But I am also glad the surgery went well and things are not as bad as they could be. I do know it's just a matter of time before we finally get a positive pregnancy test.

No comments:

Post a Comment