Pages

Friday, March 18, 2016

All in a Week's Work

We started my injections.  One easy one in the morning, so I thought, “this isn’t so bad!”  Then the night time injection came and I wanted to bite Zach’s ear off from the amount of burning I felt in my lower belly.  But in general, it didn’t last long, so it is a price I am willing to pay.  The injections haven’t been too bad.  I guess I was expecting more bloating and to be a lot more cranky.  But I am usually bloated J and usually cranky.  So it all worked out.  I had to drive down to Beverly Hills on Wednesday and Friday for an ultrasound.  Boy are those little follicles not so little!  It’s fun to see what two days worth of injections will do to their growth. 

Because they were growing so fast and the injections were doing their job, I got to have my retrieval earlier than our schedule estimated.  I went back in for ultrasounds Sunday and Monday and Tuesday and then Wednesday (Mar.16)… retrieval day!
I wasn’t feeling too bad after retrieval.  My nurse was amazing! And they were able to retrieve 34 eggs!  Not too shabby.

We got some café rio on our way home, then zach moved our guest bed mattress into the living room and we just slumber partied it out.  We watched a lot of Gotham on Netflix and my diet was strictly double stuf oreos and milk… and a side of Gatorade. 

Thursday day wasn’t too bad.  I continued to lay around watching tv, but toward the afternoon I felt more full and bloated than normal.  My back ached and I couldn’t catch my breath.  We had another appointment this morning, and I really thought I wasn’t going to catch my breath.  I was feeling nauseas, and luckily because Zach’s phone showed him a different route, we had gotten off the freeway at the time I needed him to pull over for me to throw up in the gutter. 

Our appointment went well.  They did an ultrasound and I could see the dark spots,(fluid) in my liver and around my ovaries verifying that I had in fact gotten hyperstimulated.  Not a cool feeling at all! 

We won't be doing the transfer until the end of April, beginning of May, time frame.  Which would mean that Zach is going to be gone.  But that’s a fun story for our children later.


I got home and we put as many pillows on the bed as we could and napped for a couple hours.  I am so utterly out of breath and nauseas that I can’t stand it.  We had a family friend, Joe Peterson, come over and help Zach give me a blessing.  This trial right now is hard!  I am not even pregnant.  But to anybody who can get pregnant naturally, I don’t ever want to hear them complain.  This whole IVF process is pure hell.  And I know that when it’s all said and done, I will be grateful for this.  But for now, I’m just trying to survive.


I also can’t forget to express my absolute gratitude to Zach for all he does for me.  He has been my rock and my greatest support through all of this.  He has been so willing to do anything I’ve needed and really take care of me.  I feel so blessed and so much more in love with him now than ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment