Pages

Friday, November 13, 2015

Deployment

I am lucky enough to have married an amazing man.  A man who would do absolutely anything for me to make our life great.  We had talked a little bit about him getting a second job.  Even though I had gotten a job at the hospital, I still only work per diem.  And with the holidays coming and it being the end of the year, I get to be lucky enough to be flexed the most.  My paychecks have started looking a little sad. 

Deep down, Zach and I feel like maybe it’s going to take a little more than clomid to get us pregnant.  So Zach asked at work if he could get a second job to pay for any extra fertility expenses that may come up. 

I got a call at work one Friday and he told me he had asked to get a second job and they counter offered with a deployment opportunity in UAE.  I didn’t feel horrible about it, but I had to tell him what I felt right then and there.  I was in a drive through and between ordering my food and picking up my food, we had made the decision that he would take the deployment.  He leaves between March and April and would make a little more money each month to help out with fertility.

Although I didn’t feel like his deployment is a bad idea, I can tell you that I definitely am not very excited for it.  He was gone between September and November in Mississippi for more training and that felt like forever.  Now a 6 month deployment in the middle east and I can’t even visit.  It will feel like eternity.  But most important, I am grateful for Zach and his sacrifices for us.  I know that deployments are part of military life, it’s what I signed up for.  I am just grateful to know where he is going will be safe

No comments:

Post a Comment