Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Love at Last

Oh if only I would have looked up this sort of online journaling a lot sooner.  I have one from right after my mission that I should probably go locate and print up.

I am excited to journal from my computer and then know I can print it into a book later:)

Anyway, Zach and I have been married 9 months and I have recorded in a journal 0 times.  I started a blog and wrote once.  The idea of blogging just doesn't appeal to me, but I know that I have needed to get back into the habit of writing in a journal.  I have had such a great testimony of writing in a journal and then because I wanted to "forget" hard times in my life, I purposely chose not to write.  Now it's been years and I never got back into the habit and therefore have lost a lot of great memories.  

Memories like, Zach and me!! 
So here's our story:
After going to Europe with Roger and Megan, I had a job lined up in Washington, D.C.  I was going to move across the country and start a completely new life, meet new people, and see where life took me.  But when we got home, Grandma Bulloch was having more complications with her Alzheimers and i felt that I was in a good place in my life to be able to help her if needed.  And I felt strongly to stay in Las Vegas and find a job.  One of my good friends, Stephanie Cope, texted me one day with a physical therapy tech position at a PT clinic the dr she was working for referred their patients to.

I applied on a Wednesday, interviewed that Thursday, got the call later that day and was hired!! I started the following Monday.  It all happened so quick and felt so right!  I started working at Rapid Rehab PT in the Southwest and loved my job!!  I think I started working in Sept of 2011.  I decided that following spring term to go back to school.  I enrolled at CSN in a chemistry class to get the chemistry and physics classes for pre-req's for PA school, so I was going to be taking night classes.  January came and Zach was hired to cover for me while I went to school the last couple hours of the evening.

That's how we met.  He remembers me more after those initial first months than I do of him.  I was dating someone else when we met, and unfortunately didn't pay much attention to him.  He was younger and my coworker and I honestly didn't even think for a second he had any interest in me.  

I think it was about July 2012 that Zach asked me on a date, but I was so oblivious to him having any interest in me I honestly thought he just wanted to see a movie with me because he had no other close friends in Las Vegas.  So when he invited me to see a Batman movie, I invited another friend along, Rachael Slaughter.  She even asked me on the way if she was interrupting a date, and I told her that we were just friends. Ha! Whoops!  Zach thought I was trying to set him up with her! But when I made sure to sit in between the two of them, since I was the one who knew both of them, he realized I actually did want to sit by him.  And that's when I started to get a little crush on him too.

We started hanging out more, and had our first kiss when he had come over to my grandma Avance's (that's where I was living) to watch a movie with me.  Elf.  In the middle of the summer.  I kissed him.
Then I started inviting him to meet my family.  But I had told him right away that I wanted a temple marriage and didn't see anything serious happening with us. He wasn't a member of the LDS church and I didn't even think he had an interest.  But eventually he started asking questions and went to howard and cristi's to start taking the discussions.

Around Sept of 2012 I had moved up to live with Mel and Jake in Lehi to start surgical technology school.  Zach continued to take the discussions and decided to get baptized November of 2012.  I drove home for the baptism, he drove back to Utah with me, then he went to basic training in San Antonio, TX for the USAF.  
I started surgical tech school January 2013 when Zach graduated from Basic training.  He then went to tech school at Keesler AFB in Biloxi, MS until August 2013.  We continued our relationship via FaceTime, texts and phone calls, and a couple of visits from me.  It was not easy.  We both had a lot of stress from school and the worries about how our relationship would end up regardless of how we felt for each other.  Because at the end of the day, we had to remember that The Lord has a plan for us too. 

He graduated from tech school in August and then got stationed at Edwards AFB near Lancaster, CA.  It made things a little easier for us since we could see each other in Las Vegas on the weekends.  On December 24, 2013 Zach proposed to me while taking me shooting.

I graduated from surgical tech school in April 2014 and we got married June 14.
Our engagement was a little rough at first.  Zach's parents were not on board with us getting married.  They tried to talk us out of it or put it on hold, but we knew what needed to happen. So we knew that by moving forward with faith and making a temple marriage a priority, all other things would fall into place.  And they did! Eventually Gwynne's heart was softened. She and I were able to have dinner and have a heart to heart about the situation and she decided after the initial shock of her son getting married it was more important for her to be supportive. I know that because of our decision to be faithful, even though Zach really worried about losing his relationship with his family, his family came around and were very supportive of us.

Our wedding day was a complete blast.  We wished it would have lasted longer! And we could not have been more happy about how everything turned out and the love we felt from our close friends and families.

So now, 9 months later, we are living in Rosamond, CA still enjoying the married life and feeling blessed from seeing how the Lord has helped us along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment