Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Verdict

After the transfer, I was told to wait 10 days before I could go in and get a blood test to determine whether I was pregnant and if the IVF had worked.  By that point, I was back to work carrying on my normal day.  So it was August 10, and I got up as early as possible to go to the lab across the street from my work to get my blood work done.  I knew the sooner I did that, the sooner Dr. Surrey's office would call with the results!  I worked, and waited, and worked...and waited.  I was almost done with my work shift, but a little stressed because I hadn't heard from Dr. Surrey's office. 

I tried calling the office but they hadn't received the results yet.  So I tried calling the lab to see if they had the results, and they only had an automated calling system.  So stupid!! I couldn't even talk to an operator.  I realized I didn't get off work until 5pm and the lab closed at 5pm so I left a few minutes early to drive across the street and find out what was going on!! And of course I got there and it was already closed!!

I was so anxious and annoyed and sat in my car and started to cry!  It was so silly because I had already waited 10 days.  What was 1 more day?? But I was dying to know!!  I started to drive toward home, and while I was on the lake bed between, Rosamond and Edwards, where my phone signal is the worst, I got a call from Dr. Surrey's office! I was so paranoid I was going to drop his call or something.  But somehow, there were no issues.  I pulled into the parking lot, just before the gate, so that I could get the results without being on the phone or interrupted by the gate guard. He was a little confusing in his call, so after he was explaining stuff, I just straight up asked, "so am I pregnant?"  To which he replied, "yes, you are pregnant." 

Those words were music to my ears.  I had never felt so much joy and excitement!  I immediately drove to the BX to get a pregnancy test.  Just to have visible results that we were, in fact, pregnant.  I got home and immediately called Zach to tell him the good news.  He was sleeping, but it was such a good call!  We both started crying and just felt so much joy that we were gonna have a baby...or two!!

No comments:

Post a Comment