Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Boy. Girl. Twins. Alien

I knew from before we got pregnant that I wanted to have a secret gender reveal.  I had mentioned it to my sweet friend, Kelly Peterson, and she offered right away to throw one for us.  From the moment we found out we were pregnant with twins, I was convinced it was twin girls.  From my easy symptoms being similar to other people who had girls, I had convinced myself right away.  And because of my feelings, I think I had Zach convinced as well. 

When we were finding out the gender, I had both my regular OB/GYN appointment and my high-risk appointment a day apart.  So I planned to get them both to write down the genders for me, just to be positive.  I had Dr. Ngo write it down first, and I gave that envelope to Kelly.  She immediately checked it, then started crying.  Of course I was emotional, but it just made her happy.  But because she had seen Dr. Ngo for June, and was originally told she was having a boy, she wanted me to get a second opinion from my high risk dr.  After my high risk appointment, I took over that envelope and she ensured me that both drs said the same thing.

We had the gender reveal at our friend, Jaime Bell's house.  We had a lot of people show up!!  It was so great!  The Bells, Peterson, Higgins, Kramers, McCulloughs, Russells, Amanda Smith, and Valene Harris.  Kelly handed people silly string cans to spray at us after we did the last baby reveal.

Kelly also decided that she wanted to do the gender reveal one at a time, so that it was apparent each baby was an individual.  I thought that was really nice of her.  She handed me a cannister of confetti to pop open.  I put one hand on top, and one hand on bottom to twist... our first baby is a BOY!!!  I was in complete shock!! A boy?  I was so sure it was a girl!!  Ok, so the next one must be a girl.  I'm gonna have a boy and a girl.  Zach was handed the second cannister.  He twisted..and again, BLUE confetti!  Two BOYS!!! Everyone started spraying us with blue silly string! There was blue confetti everywhere!!

It was so much to take in, and seriously, such a surprise!!  I was so emotional!!  And so excited, but I had my mind so set on girls it took me a minute to adjust to having two boys!! But I was so stinking excited!!!

Kelly gave us a pair of these super sweet little boy shoes.  I am so grateful I get to be the mother of these sweet little boys!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment